- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Gazpacho Salad Recipe
|Peeled chopped tomatoes||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Peeled seeded diced cucumber||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped onion||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Chopped red bell pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Corn kernels||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), cooked, drained (Fresh Or Frozen)|
|Lime juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Red wine vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Minced fresh garlic||1 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground red pepper||1 Pinch|
|Romaine lettuce head||1 Medium, torn into bite-sized pieces|
|Peeled diced jicama||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Fresh cilantro||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 116 Calories from Fat 12
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 1 g2.1%
Saturated Fat 0.11 g0.55%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 200.1 mg8.3%
Total Carbohydrates 23 g7.6%
Dietary Fiber 5.7 g22.7%
Sugars 6 g
Protein 4 g7.2%
Vitamin A 129% Vitamin C 70.5%
Calcium 4.4% Iron 6.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large salad bowl, combine all the salad ingredients and toss.
2. In a small bowl make dressing by combining the ingredients for it.
3. Whisk with a fork until well blended.
4. Pour the dressing over the salad and mix well using two large salad spoons.
5. Cover the bowl and refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight to marinate and chill.
6. In a large bowl toss together lettuce, jicama and cilantro
7. On 6 salad plates or on one large platter, heap lettuce mixture
8. Spoon chilled salad over the bed of lettuce
9. Drizzle with dressing remaining in the bowl.