- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Gazpacho Recipe Video
|Ripe tomatoes||2 Pound|
|Red bell pepper||1 Medium, cut into pieces|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|Bread||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Leftover bread may be used)|
|Water||1 Teaspoon (for soaking the bread)|
|White wine||1 Tablespoon|
|Chili pepper||1 Medium|
|Fresh basil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Extra virgin olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Sherry vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
|Shallot||2 Tablespoon, finely diced (for garnishing)|
|Cucumber||1 Tablespoon, seeded, finely diced (For garnishing)|
|Mexican cream||1 Tablespoon|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 206 Calories from Fat 128
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g21.5%
Saturated Fat 1.5 g7.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 2.5 mg0.8%
Sodium 132.4 mg5.5%
Total Carbohydrates 17 g5.7%
Dietary Fiber 3.7 g15%
Sugars 7.9 g
Protein 3 g6.9%
Vitamin A 64.3% Vitamin C 138.8%
Calcium 4.7% Iron 6.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Heat up a dry cast iron skillet on high flame. In batches, add the tomatoes and a cut up red bell pepper, skin side down. Char the skin all over until parts of the vegetables are blackened. When the tomatoes and pepper are done, transfer into a large bowl and set aside.
2. In another bowl, tear up the bread and soak it with a little water and some white wine. Mix well until the bread pieces have soaked up the liquid, set aside.
3. In a food processor, add the tomatoes, bell pepper and blend it till smooth. Once done add the soaked bread, garlic, basil, chili pepper with extra virgin olive oil and pulse it further until well-blended.
4. Add sherry vinegar. Pulse and adjust taste accordingly. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Once the flavors of the gazpacho are just right, put it into a large container and refrigerate until chilled.
6. Ladle the gazpacho into bowls and garnish with diced shallot and cucumber. Drizzle some extra virgin olive oil and crema to serve.
If you do not have the Mexican crema, you can make a home version by mixing some sour cream with heavy cream.
You can also serve this as an amuse-bouche by putting into shot glasses. You can layer the crema and gazpacho for aesthetics and top with a paper thin slice of toasted French Bread.