- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Gazpacho and Guacamole Recipe Video
|Tomatoes||3 Medium, chop|
|Onion||1 Cup (16 tbs), chop|
|Cucumber||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chop|
|Bell pepper||1 Small, chop|
|Celery stalk||1 Small, chop|
|Parsley leaves||2 Tablespoon|
|Chives/Green onion||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Agave nectar||1 Teaspoon|
|Tomato juice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|For the guacamole with peas|
|Avocado (without seed)||1 Medium|
|Peas||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Onion/Green onion||3 Tablespoon|
|Salsa||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Sea salt||To Taste|
|Corn chips||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
Calories 954 Calories from Fat 546
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 61 g93.7%
Saturated Fat 8.4 g42.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1028.4 mg42.8%
Total Carbohydrates 93 g30.9%
Dietary Fiber 14.6 g58.6%
Sugars 16.9 g
Protein 17 g33.4%
Vitamin A 62.9% Vitamin C 181.9%
Calcium 18.8% Iron 17.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will NeedFood processor
1. Chop the tomatoes, onions, bell pepper, celery stalks, and chives, set aside.
2. In the food processor combine tomatoes, onions, bell pepper, celery stalks, chives, garlic, parsley, vinegar, olive oil, lemon juice, agave nectar, tabassco, tomato juice and salt.
3. Process until nearly pureed. Place in non-metal, non-reactive storage container, cover tightly and refrigerate for a few hours or overnight to allow flavors to blend.
4. Serve the gazpacho along cold.
Blend the soup in two or three batches if it doesn't all fit or, for a more chunky soup, hold some onion, cucumber, bell pepper and celery aside and stir in after it has been pureed.
FOR THE GUACAMOLE WITH PEAS
1. Finely chop the green onions.
2. In a food processor combine avocado, peas, green onions, lemon juice, salsa and sea salt to taste.
3. Process until pureed.
4. Serve the guacamole with corn chips.