- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Summertime Gazpacho Recipe Video
|Garlic clove||1 Medium, chopped|
|Shrimp||1 Medium (optional toppings)|
|Egg||1 Medium, hard-cooked, chopped (optional toppings)|
|Red chili flakes||1 Teaspoon, crushed (use as per taste)|
|Black pepper||1 Teaspoon, freshly ground|
|Sea salt||1 Teaspoon|
|Balsamic vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|White vinegar||3 Tablespoon|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Ripe red tomatoes||1 Pound, cored and chopped into chunks (peel if you like)|
|Cucumber||1 Cup (16 tbs), peeled, seeded and chopped|
|Green bell pepper||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Crab meat||1 Medium (optional toppings)|
Calories 206 Calories from Fat 141
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g23.5%
Saturated Fat 1.4 g7.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 54.9 mg
Sodium 421.3 mg17.6%
Total Carbohydrates 9 g3.1%
Dietary Fiber 2.8 g11.2%
Sugars 4.9 g
Protein 8 g15.8%
Vitamin A 24.3% Vitamin C 73.8%
Calcium 3.6% Iron 6.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a blender put garlic and pulse a few times.
2. Add bell pepper and pulse, then add the cucumber and pulse a few more times.
3. Add tomatoes, olive oil, vinegars and salt and blend until just combined without letting it to liquify.
4. Add black pepper and crushed red chili flakes to taste.
5. Chill at least 2 hours.
6. Serve cold in individual soup bowls drizzled with olive oil and topped with any additional toppings.