- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
|Tomatoes||1 Pound, skinned (500 Gram)|
|Onion||1 Small, sliced|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|White bread slice||2|
|Wine vinegar||4 Tablespoon|
|Olive oil||5 Tablespoon|
|Homemade chicken stock/Stock made with a chicken stock cube||1⁄2 Pint, made (250 Milliliter)|
|Green pepper||1⁄4 Small, seeds and core removed, diced|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Cucumber||1⁄4 , diced|
|Fried croutons||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 558 Calories from Fat 349
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 39 g60.1%
Saturated Fat 2.8 g14.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1.8 mg
Sodium 249.1 mg10.4%
Total Carbohydrates 46 g15.2%
Dietary Fiber 3.2 g12.6%
Sugars 5.7 g
Protein 8 g16.9%
Vitamin A 19.5% Vitamin C 41.2%
Calcium 2.6% Iron 4.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Take fresh tomatoes, onion and garlic and chop coarsely. In a bowl, add the chopped vegetables with bread, vinegar, oil and stock.
2) Transfer the contents to a liquidizer and blend well till the ingredients are mixed.
3) Pour out the mixture in a bowl.
4) Combine with green pepper, lemon juice and seasoning.
5) Serve this delicious soup with diced green pepper and onion and alternately with diced cucumber and fried croutons.
Freeze the soup, pouring the content in a container and keeping it in fridge until required. Let it thaw overnight, heat before serving. Freeze the fried croutons separately.