- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Gathiya Recipe Video
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Papad khara/Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Salt||4 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|Besan||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Carom seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|White chili powder/Red chili powder||1 Pinch|
|Oil||4 Cup (64 tbs) (3 cups for frying)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 8857 Calories from Fat 8208
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 929 g1429.6%
Saturated Fat 120.5 g602.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 9251.3 mg385.5%
Total Carbohydrates 114 g38%
Dietary Fiber 21.9 g87.7%
Sugars 21.1 g
Protein 44 g87.8%
Vitamin A 10.3% Vitamin C 14%
Calcium 11.4% Iron 58.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a saucepan heat together water, papad khara and ½ teaspoon salt and bring to a boil.
2. If using baking powder do not heat the water.
3. In a bowl add the besan, carom seeds, chili powder and salt to taste mix well
4. Add 6 tablespoons oil and mix well.
5. Add the prepared water into the besan mixture slowly and mix well to get a gooey dough.
6. Add more 3-4 tablespoons oil and mix well after each addition.
7. In a deep fry pan, heat oil.
8. Pull out a morsel of the dough and add into the gathia maker.
9. Fit the desired shape of the mold to the maker outlet and squeeze the dough in a circular motion in the hot oil.
10. Fry till crispy and lightly golden.
11. Remove onto a dish lined with absorbent paper.
12. Serve with tea or coffee.