- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Garlicky Mashed Potatoes Recipe Video
|Garlic clove||3 , mashed|
|Salt & pepper||To Taste|
Calories 646 Calories from Fat 93
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g16.2%
Saturated Fat 6.5 g32.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 29.4 mg
Sodium 234.9 mg9.8%
Total Carbohydrates 129 g43%
Dietary Fiber 13 g52%
Sugars 5.3 g
Protein 16 g32.8%
Vitamin A 6.5% Vitamin C 98.3%
Calcium 11.9% Iron 0.38%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Peel the potatoes and cut them into about 3 inch evenly sized chunks.
2. Place them in a sauce pan and pour enough of the whole milk over them to cover them.
3. Add the minced garlic cloves to the milk and potatoes along with some salt (to your preference).
4. Bring to a simmer over medium heat until potatoes are cooked through (about 15 to 20 minutes).
5. When the potatoes are soft, strain them milk off into another container and save.
6. Then rice the potatoes into a bowl. Ricing is not necessary, simply mashing them works as well, but they won’t be as smooth.
7. Mix enough of the reserved milk left-over from cooking to get to the consistency you like, long with a few tablespoons of butter and salt and pepper to taste.
8. Serve hot with your Thanksgiving main dish.