- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Garlicky Greens Recipe Video
|Extra virgin olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Wegmans)|
|Garlic||8 Clove (40 gm), peeled, thinly sliced (Food You Feel Good About)|
|Kale greens/Collard greens||16 Ounce (Food You Feel Good About Cleaned & Cut)|
|Crushed red pepper flakes||1 Teaspoon|
|Cracked black pepper||To Taste|
|Pecorino romano cheese||1 Tablespoon, grated (Italian Classics)|
Calories 208 Calories from Fat 139
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g23.1%
Saturated Fat 1.4 g7.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1.3 mg0.4%
Sodium 190.3 mg7.9%
Total Carbohydrates 15 g5.1%
Dietary Fiber 2.9 g11.7%
Sugars 0.1 g
Protein 5 g10%
Vitamin A 349.8% Vitamin C 233.5%
Calcium 19.2% Iron 12.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Wash the greens thoroughly if not using packaged ones.
2. Blanch greens 4-5 minutes in a large pot of boiling, salted water. Then drain and transfer to large bowl of ice water to refresh. Drain and set aside.
3. Heat oil in a skillet on medium-low. Add garlic and cook, about 5 minutes, until edges begin to brown. Remove garlic slices with slotted spoon and set aside.
4. Raise heat to medium high. Add crushed red pepper to hot oil in pan quickly followed by the blanched greens. Season with salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
5. Add garlic slices and cheese (if using) to pan; Saute the greens.
6. Dish out and serve warm. You can drizzle with lemon juice, vinegar or olive oil if you like.
Try this recipe with escarole or any of your favorite greens. You can also use a combination of greens. Make sure to blanch them separately.