- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Garlic Yogurt Spread Recipe
|Yogurt cream cheese||250 Milliliter (1 Cup)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 515 Calories from Fat 263
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 29 g44.9%
Saturated Fat 0.01 g0.04%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 125 mg41.7%
Sodium 751.7 mg31.3%
Total Carbohydrates 28 g9.4%
Dietary Fiber 0.21 g0.84%
Sugars 25.1 g
Protein 42 g84.6%
Vitamin A 0.02% Vitamin C 5.2%
Calcium 1.8% Iron 0.94%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Use a clean and damp double layered cheese cloth or a kitchen towel to line a colander.
2. Pour the yogurt into the lined colander.
3. Make a bag by gathering the ends of the cloth and tie securely with kitchen string.
4. Drain the yogurt by hanging the bag from the kitchen faucet over a container and leave for at least 6 hours or preferably overnight.
5. Add the yogurt cheese into a mixing bowl
6. Use a garlic press or handle of a heavy knife to crush the garlic.
7. Add it to the yogurt cream cheese and whisk using a fork or wire whisk, until well blended and smooth in consistency.
8. Serve with whole grain crackers, vegetable cruditÃ©s, spread on whole wheat toast.
9. You can use it to dress steamed vegetables or stir into soups instead of using cream.
Save the whey from hanging the yogurt, that collects in the container and use in baking breads or boiling rice.