- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Garlic Scallop Saute Recipe
|Cooking oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) (Or More)|
|Flour||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), minced|
|Mushrooms||10 , thinly sliced|
|Shallots||3 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 860 Calories from Fat 524
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 59 g91.4%
Saturated Fat 21.5 g107.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 147.8 mg
Sodium 427.9 mg17.8%
Total Carbohydrates 36 g12.1%
Dietary Fiber 1.7 g6.7%
Sugars 6.2 g
Protein 47 g94.4%
Vitamin A 24.4% Vitamin C 24.6%
Calcium 19% Iron 14.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Wash the scallops well to remove any grit.
2) Into a small bowl, add the scallops and pour enough milk to cover them. Allow the scallops to rest for 10 minutes.
3) Drain the milk from the scallops and dredge in a coating of flour. Dust off the excess flour and keep aside.
4) In a skillet, melt butter and oil and saute 2 garlic cloves for a few extra seconds before adding in shallots, mushrooms and 2 more cloves of garlic. Saute till the mushrooms and shallots turn soft.
5) Add in the scallops, lemon juice and cook for 3 minutes, by the end of which the scallops should be just done.
6) Transfer the scallops onto a serving platter.
7) Into the same skillet, pour sherry to deglaze, mix well and pour over the scallops.