- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Garlic Popcorn Balls Recipe
|Garlic/About 4 garlic heads||50 Clove (250 gm)|
|Cheddar cheese||4 Cup (64 tbs), shredded (Or 1 Pound)|
|Popped corn/About 1/2 cup of unpopped corn||5 Quart|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4434 Calories from Fat 1850
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 210 g323.3%
Saturated Fat 122.5 g612.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 609.1 mg
Sodium 7520.6 mg313.4%
Total Carbohydrates 435 g145%
Dietary Fiber 5.3 g21%
Sugars 5.5 g
Protein 216 g431.9%
Vitamin A 116.7% Vitamin C 130%
Calcium 463.6% Iron 45.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Peel the garlic cloves and mince them over a layer of salt. This prevents the pieces from sticking to each other and the salt also absorbs the juices from the garlic.
2) In a small bowl, add in cheese and minced garlic and toss them together until well mixed.
3) In a large microwavable bowl, layer the popcorn. Cover the popcorn with garlic and cheese mixture to form another layer. Repeat the alternating layers of popcorn and garlic-cheese.
4) Microwave the popcorn for 1 minute.
5) After a minute, give the bowl a gentle shake and turn it around 180 degrees on the microwave plate itself. Cook 1 more minute.
6) Quickly transfer the mixture onto a greased cookie sheet and round them into plum-sized balls and transfer them onto a wax paper.
7) Serve the Garlic Popcorn Corn as a snack, on a serving plate lined with wax paper.