- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Garlic Lemon Shrimp Recipe
|Unsalted butter||3 Tablespoon|
|Fresh dill sprigs/2 teaspoons dried dill||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), minced (Packed)|
|Scallions||3 , finely chopped|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), minced|
|Grated lemon zest||1 Tablespoon|
|Black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Fresh lemon juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Medium shrimp||1 Pound|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 918 Calories from Fat 395
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 45 g68.8%
Saturated Fat 24.7 g123.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 786.2 mg
Sodium 1174.7 mg48.9%
Total Carbohydrates 34 g11.3%
Dietary Fiber 4.2 g16.8%
Sugars 4.8 g
Protein 96 g192.5%
Vitamin A 52% Vitamin C 166.4%
Calcium 34.7% Iron 72.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. In a small saucepan, warm 2 tablespoons of the butter over medium heat until melted. Add the dill, scallions, garlic, lemon zest, salt, and pepper. Stir in the lemon juice.
3. If desired, shell and devein the shrimp. Thread the shrimp on skewers (if broiling, place the skewers on the broiler pan) and brush them with some of the garlic-lemon basting mixture.
4. Grill or broil the shrimp 4 inches from the heat until they begin to turn pink, 2 to 3 minutes. Turn the shrimp over, brush with some more basting mixture and broil until the shrimp are cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, thoroughly blend the remaining 1 tablespoon butter with the flour. Return the remaining basting mixture to medium-high heat and bring to a boil. Add the butter-flour mixture bit by bit, stirring well after each addition, and cook until the sauce has thickened slightly, 2 to 3 minutes.
6. Serve the shrimp with the sauce on the side.