- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Garlic & Herb Rubbed Pork Roast Recipe Video
|Garlic herb seasoning||1 Tablespoon (Wegmans (Grocery Dept))|
|Sugar||4 1⁄2 Teaspoon (in the Raw Natural Cane Turbinado Sugar)|
|Pork roast||2 Pound, boneless/skinless (1 piece (about 2 lbs))|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon (Wegmans, as required)|
Calories 595 Calories from Fat 389
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 43 g66.8%
Saturated Fat 13.4 g67.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 161.1 mg
Sodium 177.1 mg7.4%
Total Carbohydrates 8 g2.8%
Dietary Fiber 0.11 g0.44%
Sugars 6 g
Protein 40 g81%
Vitamin A 0.3% Vitamin C 2.7%
Calcium 5.7% Iron 14.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Two days before serving:
1. In a small bowl combine seasoning salt and sugar.
2. Using clean hands, coat pork thoroughly with seasoning mixture.
3. Place pork in pan, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 48 hours.
4. On the day of roasting preheat oven to 450 degrees.
5. Drizzle pork with basting oil.
6. Place on wire rack on baking sheet and roast for about 15 minutes.
7. Reduce oven to 350 degrees.
8. Roast about 60 min until internal temp reaches 145 degrees.
9. Check by inserting thermometer halfway into thickest part of pork.
10. Remove from oven let rest 5-10 min and serve.
Pork can get tender and flavorful when roasted with flavors. Watch chef Mark of wegmansfoodmarket.com showing how to roast marinated pork with simple seasoning mixture. Good to pair with wines and when served with a good side or garnish.