- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Garlic & Herb Cannellini Beans Recipe Video
|White kidney beans||1 Can (10 oz), drained and rinsed|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), crushed|
|Dried herbs de provence/1 tablespoon if fresh herbs are used||1 Teaspoon|
|Chicken stock/White wine or water||125 Milligram|
|Meyer lemon/Normal lemon||1 Large, juiced ((or less to taste))|
Calories 200 Calories from Fat 70
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12.2%
Saturated Fat 1.1 g5.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 533.5 mg22.2%
Total Carbohydrates 27 g9%
Dietary Fiber 8.2 g32.6%
Sugars 0.2 g
Protein 8 g16.2%
Vitamin A 0.3% Vitamin C 56.5%
Calcium 10.6% Iron 8.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a medium saucepan, heat oil over medium- high heat and sauté crushed garlic for 30 seconds until fragrant.
2. Add the drained cannellini beans, mix to coat with oil.
3. Add crushed sea salt and pepper.
4. Add the chicken stock and lemon juice and mash the beans with the back of a spoon or potato masher if you have. Mash it until as smooth as you like.
5. Serve it in a bowl and garnish with a drizzle of olive oil and some fresh parsley.