- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Garlic-Ginger Beef Stir-Fry Recipe Video
|Beef strip||500 Gram|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Soy sauce||4 Tablespoon, divided (30% less salt sauce (1 tablespoon to marinade beef+ 3 tablespoons))|
|Beef broth||1 Cup (16 tbs) (25% less sodium)|
|Corn starch||2 Tablespoon|
|Sesame oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Brown sugar||2 Teaspoon|
|Canola oil||1 Tablespoon, divided|
|Onion||1 , sliced|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), minced|
|Ginger seasoning paste||2 Tablespoon|
|Carrot||2 Cup (32 tbs), sliced|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Broccoli crowns||4 Cup (64 tbs), coarsely chopped|
|Snap peas/Snow peas||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
Calories 823 Calories from Fat 216
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 24 g37.6%
Saturated Fat 4.7 g23.7%
Trans Fat 0.3 g
Cholesterol 137.5 mg45.8%
Sodium 3133.7 mg130.6%
Total Carbohydrates 80 g26.7%
Dietary Fiber 9.6 g38.3%
Sugars 21.2 g
Protein 82 g164.6%
Vitamin A 751.7% Vitamin C 936.2%
Calcium 40.9% Iron 76.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a bowl, combine beef, soy sauce, and baking soda. Mix to coat evenly. Set it aside.
2. For sauce, in a large mixing bowl, add beef broth, soy sauce, corn starch, sesame oil, and brown sugar. Whisk until smooth.
3. In a wok, pour ½ the canola oil, heat it over high.
4. Add ½ the beef, and fry for 2-3 minutes or until brown. Transfer it to a plate, and repeat for the remaining beef. Set it aside.
5. In the same wok, add onion, garlic, and ginger. Cook for about a minute or until fragrant.
6. Insert sliced carrot and water. Mix, cover it with lid, and let it steam for about 2 minutes.
7. Add broccoli, cover and cook until vegetables are tender crisp for about 3 minutes.
8. Pour sauce and cook for 1-2 minutes or until sauce thickens.
9. Stir in beef and peas. Mix well and cook for 1-2 minutes or just until the peas are heated through.
10. Serve beef stir fry hot with toasted bread slices.
Stir frying requires high heat cooking. Canola oil or peanut oil is best for frying because it heats without smoking or burning.
Avoid over crowding the wok while stir frying. This will help it cook evenly and quickly.
Steaming firm vegetables will help all the vegetables cook evenly at the same time.