- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Garlic and Herb Mashed Cauliflower | Paleo Recipe Video
|Cauliflower head||1 , washed and cut into florets|
|Fresh rosemary||1 Tablespoon, chop|
|Fresh thyme||1 Tablespoon, chop|
|Vidalia onions||1 , chop|
|Unsalted butter||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), mince|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Rosemary sprig||1 Small|
Calories 135 Calories from Fat 38
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g6.8%
Saturated Fat 2.7 g13.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 10.8 mg3.6%
Sodium 100.6 mg4.2%
Total Carbohydrates 22 g7.4%
Dietary Fiber 5.7 g22.7%
Sugars 8.7 g
Protein 5 g9.4%
Vitamin A 6.8% Vitamin C 116.7%
Calcium 9.1% Iron 6.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will NeedHigh speed blender
1. Clean and wash the cauliflower, cut them in florets, chop the onions and garlic, keep it aside.
2. Wash the fresh herbs and chop, keep it aside in separate bowl.
3. Place the cauliflower in a steamer basket in a large soup pot, season with salt and pepper, and steam for 12 minutes or until soft.
4. In a pan over medium heat melt 1 tablespoon butter and saute the onion, garlic and the chopped herbs, saute until onion is translucent.
5. Adjust salt and pepper and once done remove from heat and keep it aside.
6. In a blender, blend the steamed cauliflower and the onion garlic mixture along with 1 tablespoon of butter.
7. Blend until smooth, garnish with sprig of rosemary or sprinkle ground pepper.
8. Serve the garlic and herb mashed cauliflower along with your roast.