- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Herb Rubbed Sirloin with Lemon Butter and Guinness Battered Onion Rings Recipe Video
|Sirloin steak||2 Pound|
|Fresh rosemary||2 Tablespoon, chop|
|Fresh garlic||2 Tablespoon, mince|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Kosher salt||To Taste|
|Fresh cracked pepper||To Taste|
|Unsalted butter||8 Ounce|
|Lemon||1 , juiced|
|Chives||2 Tablespoon, mince|
|Parsley||2 Tablespoon, chop|
|Sweet onion||1 Medium, cut large into 1/2 thick slices|
|Guinness stout beer||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Canola oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For deep frying)|
Calories 1372 Calories from Fat 869
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 98 g150.7%
Saturated Fat 44.4 g222%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 287 mg
Sodium 272.9 mg11.4%
Total Carbohydrates 62 g20.5%
Dietary Fiber 4.6 g18.2%
Sugars 4.8 g
Protein 58 g116.5%
Vitamin A 54.4% Vitamin C 56.4%
Calcium 22.3% Iron 44.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. For the Steak: Place the sirloin in a ziplock bag along with the chopped rosemary, garlic and olive oil and let sit in the refrigerator for 20 to 30 minutes.
2. Season the marinated on both sides with salt and pepper and cook on high heat on a grill.This should take 10-14 minutes on each side to achieve medium-rare in temperature.
3. For the onion rings: In a bowl mix together the flour and egg.
4. Add the buttermilk, Guinness beer, salt and pepper and combine. Let this chill in the refrigerator.
5. For the Butter: Whisk the butter until light and fluffy.
6. Add in lemon juice, lemon zest, chives, parsley, salt and pepper and mix together and set to the side.
7. Dip the onion rings into the prepared batter.
8. In a pan, heat canola oil on medium-high heat and fry the onion rings until they are golden brown.
9. Place the onion rings next to the steak and place 1 tablespoon of lemon butter on top of the steak and serve.