- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Garlic and Bread Soup Recipe
|Fruity olive oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic cloves||1 Large, peeled|
|Minced garlic||2 Tablespoon|
|Finely chopped parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Finely chopped coriander||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|White wine vinegar||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Chicken stock||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Eggs||4 (At Room Temperature)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1783 Calories from Fat 1221
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 137 g211.5%
Saturated Fat 23.8 g119%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 867.5 mg
Sodium 2320.8 mg96.7%
Total Carbohydrates 86 g28.6%
Dietary Fiber 1.3 g5.1%
Sugars 13.4 g
Protein 53 g105.2%
Vitamin A 47.8% Vitamin C 41.5%
Calcium 20.8% Iron 39%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Take bread and chop it into 8 half inch thick slices.
2) Take a large saute pan (big enough to place the bread slices in single layer) and place it over medium heat. Pour 1/4 cup oil in it and heat.
3) Stir in peeled garlic clove and saute for about a minute. Put in bread slices in a single layer and fry for 1-2 minutes on either side, until browned.
4) Lift the breads up from the pan, and place them on a plate lined with double thickness paper towels. Allow to drain.
5) In the meantime, mix minced garlic and salt in a mortar and grind it to a fine paste using the pestle. Alternatively, you may mash the mixture with the back of a spoon in a small bowl.
6) Place a medium skillet over medium-low heat and add 1 quart water and 1/2 teaspoon white vinegar to it. Bring the mixture to a simmer.
7) Also, place a small saucepan over medium-low heat and heat chicken stock in it. Crack eggs into bowl and slide them, one at time into the simmering water in the skillet.
8) Poach eggs for about 3 minutes.
9) Transfer the bread slices to soup bowls and use a slotted spoon to arrange poached eggs on top. Pour the stock over and serve immediately.