- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Garden Variety Dip Recipe
|Plain yogurt||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Dry roasted unsalted peanuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finely chopped|
|Fresh parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), minced|
|Cucumber||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), finely chopped, peeled and seeded|
|Chopped green onion||2 Tablespoon|
|Dill weed||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground white pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 656 Calories from Fat 402
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 48 g73.1%
Saturated Fat 12.2 g60.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 44.1 mg14.7%
Sodium 173 mg7.2%
Total Carbohydrates 36 g12.1%
Dietary Fiber 7.8 g31.4%
Sugars 20 g
Protein 31 g61%
Vitamin A 58% Vitamin C 61.4%
Calcium 51.7% Iron 22.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a non-metallic bowl, add yogurt.
2. Whisk with a fork or wire whisk until it is smooth and creamy.
3. Stir in the remaining ingredients and season to taste.
4. Cover and refrigerate for about 2 to 3 hours, to chill and intensify the flavors.
5. Spoon Dip into a serving bowl.
6. Accompany with vegetable dippers like carrots, celery, mushrooms, radish, steamed cauliflower or broccoli florets.