- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Garden Style Meat Loaf Recipe
|Onion||1 Small, finely chopped|
|Celery stalks||2 , finely chopped|
|Carrot||1 Large, shredded|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), pressed|
|Lean ground beef||2 Pound|
|Rolled oats||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chili sauce||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), divided|
|Dried thyme leaves||2 Teaspoon|
|Ground black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
Calories 340 Calories from Fat 131
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g22.7%
Saturated Fat 5.4 g26.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 157.2 mg
Sodium 595.5 mg24.8%
Total Carbohydrates 14 g4.8%
Dietary Fiber 3.1 g12.4%
Sugars 2.6 g
Protein 35 g70.9%
Vitamin A 46.3% Vitamin C 9.4%
Calcium 6.3% Iron 32.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degree F.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine vegetables, ground beef, oats, eggs, 1/4 cup of the chili sauce, herbs and seasoning and mix well
3. Turn meat mixture into a loaf pan.
4. Place in preheated oven and bake for 1 hour.
5. Drizzle remaining 1/2 cup chili sauce over meat loaf and return to oven
6. Bake for another 10 minutes meat is cooked and well heated right through the center.
7. Remove from oven and rest for 10 minutes.
8. Slicing loaf and serve warm with a salad and a good red wine of your choice.