- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Garden Sorrel Recipe
|Cold milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 122 Calories from Fat 95
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g16.5%
Saturated Fat 4.5 g22.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 63.8 mg
Sodium 107.4 mg4.5%
Total Carbohydrates 7 g2.4%
Dietary Fiber 6.3 g25.2%
Sugars 0.8 g
Protein 4 g8.5%
Vitamin A 24% Vitamin C 167%
Calcium 11.7% Iron 25.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Remove the sorrel stems and wash and dry the leaves.
2) In a saucepan, add in the sorrel.
3) Place lid and cook on gentle heat till the leaves wilt.
4) Add the butter and allow to simmer for 5 minutes.
5) In a bowl, add egg yolk and milk and beat well.
6) Stir in some of the hot sorrel broth into the egg mixture and then add in to the remaining sorrel.
7) Stirring continuously, place over gentle heat, and cook till thick.
8) Add salt and pepper.
9) Serve with boiled eggs, sausage, or ham.