- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Garden Peas Francais Recipe
|Head of lettuce||1⁄2|
|Small white onions||5 , finely chopped|
|Chicken stock||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Shelled peas||2 Quart|
Calories 434 Calories from Fat 45
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g8.1%
Saturated Fat 2.3 g11.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 8.5 mg
Sodium 148.2 mg6.2%
Total Carbohydrates 73 g24.4%
Dietary Fiber 25.2 g100.8%
Sugars 29.5 g
Protein 27 g53.4%
Vitamin A 136% Vitamin C 331.8%
Calcium 13.6% Iron 40.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Separate the lettuce leaves from the head and wash them well.
2. Tear into small pieces.
3. In a heavy bottomed saucepan, combine the shredded lettuce leaves with onions, sugar and stock.
4. Bring to a boil then reduce the flame and cover the pot.
5. Steam for 20 minutes, shaking the pot occasionally to stir contents without removing the lid.
6. Add the shelled peas, butter and seasoning stir well.
7. Recover and simmer for another 25 minutes until tender.
8. Ladle into warm soup bowls and serve piping hot.