- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Garden Frittata Recipe Video
|Bacon slices||4 Medium, chopped (thick sliced.)|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Red pepper||1 Medium, sliced|
|Corn||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Green beans||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Swiss chard leaves||1 Bunch (100 gm), thinly sliced|
|Eggs||3 Medium, beaten|
|Half and half||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
|Dried thyme||1 Pinch (or herb of your choice)|
|Shredded cheddar cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 826 Calories from Fat 413
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 47 g72.1%
Saturated Fat 26 g130%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 399.1 mg133%
Sodium 878.1 mg36.6%
Total Carbohydrates 68 g22.7%
Dietary Fiber 10 g40.1%
Sugars 9.5 g
Protein 35 g69.6%
Vitamin A 136.7% Vitamin C 174.8%
Calcium 66.1% Iron 25.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 370 F.
2. Using knife, remove the centre rib of swiss chard, roll them and slice.
3. In a bowl, mix together eggs, half and half, salt and pepper, and thyme and beat well.
4. In a non-stick pan, cook the bacon until crisp for about 5 minutes.
5. Using a slotted spoon remove the bacon and drain over kitchen paper and allow to drain.
6. Transfer the bacon dripping in another bowl, reserving about ½ tablespoon of fat in pan.
7. Add in onion and red peppers and saute for 5 minutes until soft.
8. Put in the corn, green beans and stir for about 3 minutes or until the beans are soft.
9. In a pan, heat about 1 tablespoon of bacon fat and saute the chard for about 3 minutes.
10. In a bowl, place all the sautéed vegetable, egg mixture, cheese and bacon and mix well to combine.
11. In a 10” skillet, pour vegetable egg mixture and spread well and bake in the oven for 35 minutes.
12. Remove from the oven and allow to set for 10 minute.
13. Cut and serve hot garnished with chopped chives or with sour cream on side, if desired.