- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Garden Fresh Zucchini Bread Recipe
|Walnuts||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Zucchini||1 Medium, cut to fit food chute|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Baking powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|All purpose flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
Calories 548 Calories from Fat 271
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 31 g48%
Saturated Fat 4 g19.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 70.5 mg
Sodium 319.3 mg13.3%
Total Carbohydrates 61 g20.4%
Dietary Fiber 2.5 g10%
Sugars 34.7 g
Protein 8 g16.5%
Vitamin A 2.9% Vitamin C 8.7%
Calcium 5.4% Iron 13.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Set the oven temperature to 350°F before baking.
2) Slice walnuts in a food processor bowl fitted with a slicing disc and keep aside.
3) Shred zucchini with a knife or in the processor bowl fitting it with a shredding disc.
4) Attach a Knife Blade to the bowl and process oil, sugar, eggs, vanilla, baking soda, cinnamon, salt and baking powder in it for about 15 seconds.
5) Mix in flour, pulsing for 2 or 3 times.
6) Turn off the processor and then scrape down the mixture from sides of Bowl.
7) Again pulse for 1 or 2 times and take off the Knife Blade.
8) Mix in nuts and zucchini by hand.
9) Take a greased and floured 9 x 5-inch loaf pan, pour the batter into it and bake for about 1 1/4 hours until loaf tests are done.
10) Serve with jam.