- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Garbanzo Dip Recipe
|Canned garbanzo beans/Chickpeas||20 Ounce (1 Can Of 1 Pound And 4 Ounce)|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Sesame seeds/1 1/2 tablespoons tahini||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced (Large Clove)|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 911 Calories from Fat 585
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 66 g101%
Saturated Fat 8.2 g41.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 2977.7 mg124.1%
Total Carbohydrates 88 g29.4%
Dietary Fiber 22.6 g90.4%
Sugars 9.5 g
Protein 32 g63%
Vitamin A 0.2% Vitamin C 33.2%
Calcium 12.8% Iron 29.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Drain chick peas well.
2) In a blender jar, mix the drained chickpeas with all other ingredients.
3) Blend till a creamy mixture forms.
4) Serve chilled, scattered with chopped parsley and as a dip for raw vegetables of your choice or use as a spread.
5) This dip is a perfect compliment to be served on matzos or with pita bread triangles.
6) To make the dip more spicy and flavour-rich, increase the measure of garlic and lemon juice.