- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Garbage Cookies made Vegan Recipe Video
|Vegetable shortening||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Egg replacer||2 Tablespoon (for 2 eggs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Vegan chocolate chips||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Walnut||2 Cup (32 tbs), crumbled|
|Rice crispies/Rice puffs||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Coconut||1 Cup (16 tbs), grated|
|Oatmeal||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 339 Calories from Fat 167
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g30.4%
Saturated Fat 5.3 g26.3%
Trans Fat 1.3 g
Cholesterol 0.03 mg
Sodium 139.8 mg5.8%
Total Carbohydrates 39 g13%
Dietary Fiber 2.1 g8.2%
Sugars 22.1 g
Protein 4 g8.2%
Vitamin A 0.1% Vitamin C 0.45%
Calcium 7.9% Iron 19.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven at 350 degrees F. Prepare a baking tray.
2. In a large bowl, add the shortening, sugar, brown sugar, egg replacer for 2 eggs and vanilla extract. Then cream well together and set aside.
3. In another bowl, add the flour, baking soda, salt and baking powder. Mix well and pour into the sugar mixture. Stir and combine all the ingredients well.
4. Add in the vegan chocolate chips, walnuts, rice puffs, grated coconut, oatmeal and mix well.
5. Roll the mixture into small balls and place them in the baking tray.
6. Bake cookies in the oven at 350 Degree F for 12-15 minutes.
7. Serve this crunchy Garbage Cookies with milk.