- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Gallina Pinto Soup Recipe
|Pinto beans||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (Raw)|
|Nixtamal/Hominy||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Oxtail||2 Pound, chopped|
|Ox tail||2 Pound, chopped|
|Green chiles||2 , deveined, chopped|
|Cilantro||1 Bunch (100 gm), rinsed, chopped|
|Onion||1⁄2 , finely chopped|
|Whole garlic head||1 (Skin On)|
Calories 585 Calories from Fat 174
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g29.7%
Saturated Fat 0.12 g0.59%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 78.8 mg3.3%
Total Carbohydrates 40 g13.2%
Dietary Fiber 9.2 g36.9%
Sugars 2.2 g
Protein 61 g122%
Vitamin A 23.3% Vitamin C 28.8%
Calcium 6.8% Iron 14.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a large saucepan, boil the ox tail in enough water along with beans, nixtamal, garlic, chiles.
2) When the nixtamal swells up a little, season the soup with salt.
3) The soup is done when the meat and vegetables have cooked through completely.
4) Remove the garlic head from the soup before serving.
5) Sprinkle the hot Galina Pinta Soup with chopped coriander leaves and onion.