- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Galbi - Korean Food Recipe Video
|Pork shoulder steak||4 Pound (beef short ribs)|
|For the sauce|
|Pineapple juice||6 Ounce|
|Mirin||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Rice wine||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dashi||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic||3 Tablespoon, chopped finely|
|Chopped onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (1/2 medium onion)|
|Green onions||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (2 standard green onions)|
|Sesame oil||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|For the salad|
|Cucumber||1 , peeled and julienned|
|Carrot||1 Medium, peeled and julienned|
|Green apple||1 , julienned|
|Red bell pepper||1 Medium, julienned|
|Green onions||3 , thinly sliced|
|Lemon zest||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Lemon||1 , juiced|
|For the rice|
|Brown rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Jasmine rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 1057 Calories from Fat 390
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 43 g66.7%
Saturated Fat 13.9 g69.4%
Trans Fat 0.3 g
Cholesterol 187.5 mg
Sodium 3683.9 mg153.5%
Total Carbohydrates 93 g30.9%
Dietary Fiber 4.2 g16.7%
Sugars 25.3 g
Protein 64 g127.4%
Vitamin A 55.8% Vitamin C 103.9%
Calcium 13.5% Iron 30.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. For the Sauce: In a bowl, mix the pineapple juice, mirin, rice wine, soy sauce, dashi, garlic, chopped onion, green onions, 3 tablespoon of honey and the sesame oil. Stir to mix.
2. Add pork shoulder steak or beef short ribs and marinate at least 3 hours to overnight.
3.For the Galbi: On a preheated grill, grill the meat for 10- 15 minutes or longer to your desired degree of doneness on medium heat.
4. Pour all of marinate sauce in to sauce pan and bring to boil then add 3 Tablespoons honey. Reduce heat to medium simmer for 20 to 30 minutes. Remove scum from sauce if any.
5. For the salad : In a bowl, place all the julienned vegetables and the green apple.
6. Add the lemon zest and squeeze in the lemon juice.
7. Season with salt and pepper.
8. Add vinegar and honey and stir to mix.
9. For the rice: Rinse the rice and cook it in the rice cooker.
10. Serve the galbi with the salad, rice and white kimchi.