- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Gajjar Chutney Recipe
|Sesame seeds||1 Tablespoon|
|Coconut||1 Tablespoon, desiccated|
|Vegetable oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Carrot||2 Cup (32 tbs), grated|
|Chilli powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Coriander||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped (fresh)|
|Low fat natural yoghurt||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 57 Calories from Fat 27
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g4.9%
Saturated Fat 1.1 g5.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0.56 mg
Sodium 200.7 mg8.4%
Total Carbohydrates 6 g2.1%
Dietary Fiber 1.8 g7.2%
Sugars 3.3 g
Protein 1 g2.9%
Vitamin A 144.8% Vitamin C 5.6%
Calcium 5.7% Iron 3.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. In dry spice grinder, grind roasted seeds, coconut to fine powder, keep aside.
3. Heat oil in non-stick trypan, add carrot, cook on low, stir constantly until carrot is crisp. Allow to cool.
4. Mix sesame coconut powder with carrot, chilli, sugar, salt and lemon juice in food processor, add 1-2 teaspoon water if chutney is too dry.
5. Remove from processor, place in bowl, adjust salt, chilli to taste.
6. Stir in fresh coriander and yoghurt . Store in refrigerator. Lasts for 1 week, not suitable for freezing.