- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Gai Haw Bai Toey Recipe Video
|Chicken thighs||1 Pound (Boneless and skinless, cut into slightly bigger than bite size chunks)|
|Oil||1 Cup (16 tbs) (For frying)|
|For the marinade|
|Shallots||2 Tablespoon, minced|
|Lemon grass||1 Tablespoon, chopped finely (Lower tender part of the stem)|
|Ginger||1 Tablespoon, minced|
|Garlic||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Fresh cilantro||1 Tablespoon, chopped finely|
|Brown sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Coconut milk||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Black pepper||1 Tablespoon, ground|
|Salt||1 Pinch (For the seasoning)|
Calories 850 Calories from Fat 689
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 79 g121.2%
Saturated Fat 23.6 g118.1%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 94.1 mg
Sodium 600.5 mg25%
Total Carbohydrates 15 g5%
Dietary Fiber 2.9 g11.5%
Sugars 6.4 g
Protein 25 g50.9%
Vitamin A 8.6% Vitamin C 9.7%
Calcium 5.6% Iron 22.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will Need1. Fresh pandan leaves (pandanus)- 1 bunch, for wrapping the chicken pieces
1. Take a bowl and add shallots, lemon grass, ginger, garlic, cilantro, brown sugar, soy sauce, coconut milk and seasoning it with a pinch of pepper. Combine well.
2. Add the chicken pieces to the marinade and marinate it for at least 45 minutes.
3. After 45 minutes, take each piece of chicken and wrap it into pandan leaf pieces and skew one or two chicken wraps through a skewer.
4. Take a pan with hot oil and fry the chicken in the skewers. Once done remove the skewers from the heated oil.
5. Serve the fried chicken with rice. The wrappers are not edible so that have to be removed before eating the chicken.