- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Gaeng Kua Goong Recipe
|Flounder fillet/Sole fillet||4 Ounce|
|Shallots||3 Large, coarsely chopped to make 1/2 cup|
|Garlic||5 Clove (25 gm), coarsely chopped|
|Garlic||5 Clove (25 gm)|
|Ginger piece||1 Inch, peeled and coarsely chopped|
|Green chili||1 Tablespoon, minced|
|Green chili||1 Tablespoon, minced fresh, seeds and ribs removed|
|Lemongrass||1 Tablespoon, thinly sliced|
|Shrimp paste||1 Teaspoon|
|Coconut milk||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||3 Tablespoon|
|Thai fish sauce||3 Tablespoon|
|Fish sauce||3 Tablespoon|
|Pineapple||3 Cup (48 tbs), diced 1/2 inch (Ripe)|
|Pineapple||3 Cup (48 tbs), diced|
|Shrimp||1 1⁄2 Pound, deveined|
|Shrimp||1 1⁄2 Pound, shelled, deveined, and halved lengthwise (Large Ones)|
|Cilantro||4 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Rice||4 Cup (64 tbs), cooked, drained|
|Cooked rice||4 Cup (64 tbs) (Hot, 1 1/2 Cups Raw)|
Calories 963 Calories from Fat 297
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 35 g54.2%
Saturated Fat 28.5 g142.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 183 mg
Sodium 1077 mg44.9%
Total Carbohydrates 125 g41.6%
Dietary Fiber 6.1 g24.5%
Sugars 13.9 g
Protein 39 g78%
Vitamin A 24.9% Vitamin C 100.9%
Calcium 15.5% Iron 37.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Rinse and dry the flounder or sole fillet.
2) In a skillet, pour in water about 1 inch deep, add the cilantro sprigs and bring to a boil. Then add the fish, gently simmer on a low heat for 2 minutes, until opaque.
3) In a bowl, remove and flake the fish, pour off the cooking liquid.
4) In a food processor, process the shallots, garlic, ginger, lemongrass, shrimp paste, chili and salt for about 30 seconds, until smooth.
5) With the processor on, add fish through the lid and process for another 30 seconds until blended, then transfer to a bowl and keep aside.
6) In a large heavy saucepan, bring the coconut milk to a boil. Stir in the fish paste mixture, stir constantly and simmer over a low heat for about 2 minutes, until slightly thickened.
7) Stir in the lemon juice, fish sauce, and pineapple, cook for 1 minute. 8) Stir in the shrimp and cook for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes, until the shrimp are thoroughly cooked, then stir in 2 tablespoons cilantro.
9) In 6 shallow bowls, place the rice equally and Ladle over the hot curry.
10) Garnish with the chopped cilantro and serve immediately.