- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Persimmon Salad with Moroccan Sweet Vinaigrette Recipe Video
|Olive oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|White vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Argan oil||2 Tablespoon (Optional)|
|Dijon mustard||1 Tablespoon|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste (sea salt)|
|Mix lettuce||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baby spinach||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Pomegranate seeds||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Fuyu persimmon||1 , thinly sliced (non-astringent persimmon)|
|Grated parmesan||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Roasted unsalted almonds||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 1323 Calories from Fat 961
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 111 g170.2%
Saturated Fat 15 g74.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 27.4 mg
Sodium 872.7 mg36.4%
Total Carbohydrates 70 g23.2%
Dietary Fiber 17.5 g70%
Sugars 48.3 g
Protein 26 g51.4%
Vitamin A 111% Vitamin C 44.1%
Calcium 59.4% Iron 7.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a bowl, mix together the olive oil, argan oil, and white vinegar with hand blender for 1 minute or until you get a whitish mixture.
2. Add honey, Dijon mustard, and season with salt and pepper and continue to mix.
3. Transfer the vinaigrette in a jar, close it, and place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to incorporate the flavours.
4. Using a box grater, thinly slice the persimmon.
5. In a serving bowl, put all the ingredients for the salad and mix together.
6. Shake the jar and drizzle ½ of the dressing over the salad and toss well to mix.
7. Serve immediately as desired.
This dressing can be refrigerated for about 3 days.