- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Fusilli Checca Recipe Video
|Fusilli pasta||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Grape tomatoes/Cherry tomatoes||1 Pint|
|Fresh mozzarella||1 Pound|
|Garlic clove||1 Large, finely chopped|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Fresh chopped basil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Red pepper flakes||1 Teaspoon (Optional)|
|Water||8 Cup (128 tbs) (for boiling pasta)|
Calories 2156 Calories from Fat 574
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 67 g102.9%
Saturated Fat 22 g109.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 155 mg
Sodium 1769.9 mg73.7%
Total Carbohydrates 281 g93.6%
Dietary Fiber 41.8 g167.1%
Sugars 57.9 g
Protein 90 g180.5%
Vitamin A 47% Vitamin C 4.7%
Calcium 64.9% Iron 20.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a medium saucepan bring about 6-8 cups of water to a boil. Add in a pinch of salt to your water. Once the water is at a boil add the fusilli.
2. Cook the noodles for about ten minutes or until al dente. Make sure the pasta is cooked throughout.
3. In a medium mixing bowl, add the tomatoes, mozzarella, chopped garlic, salt, pepper and olive oil. Give all the ingredients a big toss and set aside until the noodles are ready.
4. Once the noodles are done drain the water and place in the mixing bowl. Gently toss the noodle with the tomato mixture.
5. Add fresh basil into the mixing bowl with all the ingredients. Gently give another toss.
6. This meal is to be served warm. Enjoy!