- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Fusilli with Shrimp Sauce Recipe
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Onions||2 , finely chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), finely chopped|
|Sun dried tomatoes||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), soaked and chopped|
|Tomatoes||28 Ounce, crushed|
|Vegetable stock||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Shrimp||8 Ounce, peeled and deveined|
|Fresh basil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Black olives||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), sliced|
Calories 1336 Calories from Fat 189
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g40%
Saturated Fat 2.6 g13.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 214.7 mg
Sodium 731.7 mg30.5%
Total Carbohydrates 211 g70.3%
Dietary Fiber 17.3 g69%
Sugars 27.3 g
Protein 59 g118.1%
Vitamin A 74.6% Vitamin C 112.6%
Calcium 15.2% Iron 51.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a pot, boil water and blanch fusilli, drain, rinse and set aside.
2. In a non stick skillet, heat oil, add onion, garlic and sautÃ© until soft. Add sun-dried tomatoes, crushed tomatoes, stock and bring to a boil, simmer until flavors have infused.
3. Add in the shrimps, basil, olives and simmer until shrimps are cooked. Season and allow to rest.
4. Now, add the cooked pasta to the sauce.
5. Serve hot in a pasta dish.