- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Fusilli with Sausage and Mushrooms Recipe
|Olive oil||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Italian sausage||12 Ounce, casings removed|
|Chopped onions||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped mushrooms||4 Ounce|
|Prepared tomato sauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dry white wine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chopped fresh parsley||1 Teaspoon|
|35% whipping cream||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Grated parmesan cheese||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
Calories 1359 Calories from Fat 740
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 85 g130.3%
Saturated Fat 35.4 g177.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 177 mg
Sodium 903.4 mg37.6%
Total Carbohydrates 97 g32.2%
Dietary Fiber 5.7 g22.8%
Sugars 9.5 g
Protein 41 g81.7%
Vitamin A 16% Vitamin C 15.2%
Calcium 27.8% Iron 22.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a skillet heat 3 tablespoon (45 ml) of the oil over medium-high heat, cook sausage meat, stirring to break up, until no longer pink, about 5 minutes and set aside.
2. In a large saucepan, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat, cook onions until golden, then stir in mushrooms and cook until softened.
3. Stir in sausage meat, cook for 2 minutes, then stir in tomato sauce, wine, butter and parsley and mix well.
4. Stir in cream and cook over low heat 20 to 30 minutes, stirring frequently such that thickened.
5. In large pot of boiling salted water, cook fusilli 8 to 10 minutes until al dente and drain.
6. Toss pasta with sauce and Parmesan cheese and serve.