- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Funnel Cakes Recipe
|All-purpose flour||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking powder||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Sifted powdered sugar||1 Tablespoon (As Needed)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1053 Calories from Fat 240
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 27 g41.6%
Saturated Fat 6.9 g34.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 228.4 mg
Sodium 2289.4 mg95.4%
Total Carbohydrates 174 g58.1%
Dietary Fiber 4.2 g16.9%
Sugars 54.2 g
Protein 28 g55.8%
Vitamin A 8.3% Vitamin C
Calcium 51.8% Iron 48%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, sugar, egg and milk. Make a smooth and yet thick batter.
2. In a skillet, Heat 1/4 inch oil to 375°.
3. Using a finger, close the bottom opening of a funnel. Funnel with a 3/8-inch is best suited. Pour 1/4 cup batter into funnel.
4. Hold funnel over skillet. Release the finger from funnel end and release batter into hot oil; move funnel in a slow, circular motion to form a spiral.
5. Cook each funnel cake for 1 minute or until edges are golden brown; turn and fry until golden.
6. Remove cakes from oil and drain on absorbent paper towels.
7. Finish of the remaining batter in the same fashion.
8. Dust powdered sugar and serve warm.