- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
How to Bake Rainbow Cupcakes Recipe Video
|Sugar||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Unsalted butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), softened|
|Pure vanilla extract||2 Teaspoon|
|Flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Fine salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (room temperature)|
|Red food coloring||2 Drop|
|Blue food colouring||2 Drop|
|Green food coloring||2 Drop|
|Pink food color||2 Drop|
Calories 254 Calories from Fat 80
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g13.9%
Saturated Fat 5.3 g26.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 56.3 mg
Sodium 152.7 mg6.4%
Total Carbohydrates 40 g13.5%
Dietary Fiber 0.43 g1.7%
Sugars 26.6 g
Protein 3 g6.4%
Vitamin A 5.7% Vitamin C
Calcium 6.6% Iron 5.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F.
2. In a bowl, cream together sugar and unsalted butter using electric beater.
3. Add in the eggs 1 at a time and beat well after each addition until well blended.
4. In another bowl, sift together flour, salt and baking powder.
5. Add in the flour mixture and milk alternating each other in small batches and beat well after each addition until well blended.
6. In a 4 small bowls, divide the batter equally and mix in 1 colour in each bowl, stir well to mix.
7. In a cupcake tray line with cupcake liner, place equal amount of each coloured batter, and swirl with a toothpick.
8. Bake in the oven for 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
9. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
10. Top each cupcake with a marshmallow, place the cupcakes under broiler, until the marshmallow melts, browns on top.
11. Take off the heat sprinkle with sprinklers and allow to cool completely.
12. Serve as desired.