- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Fumi Salad: On the Side #2 Recipe Video
|Cabbage head||1 , thinly sliced|
|Ramen noodles||6 Ounce (2 packets along with the spices)|
|Cooked diced chicken||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Toasted slivered almonds||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Toasted sesame seeds||6 Tablespoon|
|Sliced scallions||6 Tablespoon|
|Grated carrots||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Canola oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Rice vinegar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
Calories 1576 Calories from Fat 919
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 104 g160.5%
Saturated Fat 15.2 g76.1%
Trans Fat 0.2 g
Cholesterol 84 mg
Sodium 1169.3 mg48.7%
Total Carbohydrates 122 g40.6%
Dietary Fiber 19.1 g76.3%
Sugars 42.2 g
Protein 49 g97.5%
Vitamin A 42.4% Vitamin C 191.3%
Calcium 63.1% Iron 77.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Place a meat into a microwave safe casserole dish with some water, salt & pepper and poach the chicken. Place lid on and microwave 6-10 minutes, until chicken is cooked through.
2. In a small pan on medium high heat toast the almonds while chicken is poaching.
3. After about 3 minutes, add the sesame seeds. Once both the nuts and seeds are nicely browned which might take about 1 more minute take pan off the heat.
4. Place cabbage in large bowl. Add sliced scallions and broken up Ramen noodles.
5. Save the ﬂavor packets for the dressing. Add toasted almonds, sesame seeds & carrots and toss well. Dice up the cooled chicken and mix into bowl with cabbage.
6. Mix together canola oil, rice wine vinegar, sugar and ﬂavor packets from Ramen noodles.
7. Pour dressing onto salad and begin mixing together and refrigerate.
8. Serve cold and enjoy!
This salad should be made at least a few hours before serving. That way the dressing ﬂavors the cabbage and the chicken. The noodles also begin to soften. Great served with grilled chicken or ﬁsh!