- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
FullyRaw Pumpkin Pie Recipe Video
|For the crust|
|Pecans||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Dates||1 Pound, pitted (wet dates)|
|For the filling|
|Pumpkin||1 Small (baby sugar pumpkins)|
|Dates||2 Pound, pitted|
|Persimmons||1 , ripened|
|Cinnamon powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Vanilla bean seeds||1 Pinch|
Calories 729 Calories from Fat 155
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g28.5%
Saturated Fat 1.7 g8.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 6.5 mg0.3%
Total Carbohydrates 152 g50.5%
Dietary Fiber 18.3 g73%
Sugars 114.4 g
Protein 9 g18.2%
Vitamin A 375.5% Vitamin C 41.5%
Calcium 14.5% Iron 24.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. For the Crust: In a food processor, add the pecans and dates. Cover the processor with a lid and pulse the mixture for first 10 seconds then blend it for about 2 minutes or until well combined into a crust-like consistency. Once done, set aside.
2. Take a pie dish and fill it with the pecan-dates crust from the processor and using fingers, press the crust into the bottom and in the sides of the bowl to resemble a crust. Once done, set it aside.
3. For the For the Filling: In a blender, add the chopped pumpkin pieces, dates, persimmon with the top peeled off, cinnamon powder, ginger and vanilla bean.
4. Cover the blender with the lid and blend well for about 2 - 3 minutes or until the mixture turns smooth.
5. Take the pie dish with the pecan-dates crust, pour the filling into the crust and spread it around evenly.
6. Once done, freeze the pie for about 2 - 3 hours or until the pumpkin pie turns firm.
7. Serve this fully raw pumpkin pie chilled, in desired slices.