- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Fall Cleanser Beet Juice and Pesto Sauce Recipe Video
|For the pesto sauce|
|Arugula leaves||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Italian parsley||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Holy basil||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Pine nuts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|For the fall beet juice|
|Honey crisp apples||6 , sliced|
|Beets||1 1⁄4 Large (with tops)|
|Ginger root||1 Small|
|Sweet potato||1⁄2 Large|
Calories 240 Calories from Fat 51
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9%
Saturated Fat 0.87 g4.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 425.6 mg17.7%
Total Carbohydrates 44 g14.7%
Dietary Fiber 5.6 g22.4%
Sugars 27.1 g
Protein 5 g9.8%
Vitamin A 40.6% Vitamin C 38.6%
Calcium 7.9% Iron 14.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. On a chopping board, place the zucchinis and using a sharp knife, chop them into 1/4 inch thick slices and set aside.
2. In a food processor, add the zucchini pieces, followed by arugula, holy basil, Italian parsley, pine nuts and garlic.
3. Place the lid of the processor and blend for about 6 - 7 minutes or until well combined.
4. Once done, remove the pesto into a bowl.
5. Serve the raw vegan pesto sauce as a salad dressing or as dip with zucchini chips.
For the Fall Beet Juice Cleanser
1. In a juicer, add in the apple slices and blend well for about 4 - 5 minutes or until the liquid is nice and smooth.
2. Once done, add in the beets, ginger root, sweet potato and blend well for about 5 - 6 minutes or until it becomes nice and smooth.
3. Take a large bowl, using a strainer, strain the liquid until only the pulp remains.
4. Take a glass jar or pitcher and pour the strained beet juice into it.
5. Serve this Fall Beet Juice Cleanser either chilled or at room temperature in tall glasses.