- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Full Cream Caramels Recipe
|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Light corn syrup||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Warm cream||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), whipped (For Whipping)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4251 Calories from Fat 547
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 59 g90.8%
Saturated Fat 41.6 g208%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 146.3 mg48.8%
Sodium 1847.4 mg77%
Total Carbohydrates 942 g313.9%
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 618.6 g
Protein 13 g26.4%
Vitamin A 40.8% Vitamin C
Calcium 82.5% Iron 0.36%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Lightly butter a 18-inch pan.
2) In a small saucepan, place together sugar, corn syrup, 1 cup cream and 1/4 cup water.
3) Cook the sugar mixture for 10 minutes.
4) Stir the remaining warm cream and remaining water and simmer for 5 minutes more.
5) Mix in the butter, small amount at a time.
6) Place the candy thermometer in the saucepan and heat until the temperature reaches 230°F.
7) Simmer and cook until the temperature reaches 244-246° on thermometer.
8) Leave the sugar mixture to rest for 10 minutes.
9) Stir in salt, vanilla into the sugar mixture.
10) Transfer the sugar mixture into the pan.
11) Allow to cool until solid enough to cut.
12) Serve at room temperature, or dip in chocolate sauce if desired.