- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Mashed Fava Beans Dip Recipe Video
|Canned fava beans||15 Ounce, drained|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), minced|
|Lemon juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon, divided|
|Chili||2 Tablespoon, chopped finely|
Calories 990 Calories from Fat 247
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 28 g43.5%
Saturated Fat 4.1 g20.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 375 mg15.6%
Total Carbohydrates 137 g45.8%
Dietary Fiber 58.6 g234.2%
Sugars 14 g
Protein 58 g115.9%
Vitamin A 91.3% Vitamin C 48.3%
Calcium 27.7% Iron 92.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a bowl mix together olive oil, chili, lemon juice, salt and garlic. Whisk well.
2. In a large bowl take fava beans and drizzle olive oil over it.
3. Microwave on high for 6 minutes.
4. Take out the beans and mash with a muddler.
5. Pour in the half of chili mixture over it and mix well.
6. Plate the fava beans and top with chili mixture. Serve with pita breads and enjoy!