- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Fudge Squares Recipe
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Unsweetened chocolate||2 Ounce, melted|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Milk||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Royal baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Nut meats||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
Calories 218 Calories from Fat 84
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g14.9%
Saturated Fat 4.5 g22.3%
Trans Fat 0.6 g
Cholesterol 21.9 mg
Sodium 76.3 mg3.2%
Total Carbohydrates 32 g10.8%
Dietary Fiber 1.6 g6.6%
Sugars 20.8 g
Protein 3 g6.1%
Vitamin A 0.6% Vitamin C 0.22%
Calcium 5.6% Iron 10.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Pre-heat the oven to the required temperature.
2) Heat a pan over low flame and melt the shortening.
3) Transfer the molten shortening to a wide bowl. Put in the sugar and the unbeaten egg; whisk well.
4) Now add in the chocolate, vanilla and milk. Whisk again. Finally add in the flour that has been sifted with baking powder and salt, along with the nut meats. Make a smooth batter out of it.
5) On a well greased, shallow cake pan, spread out a thin layer of the batter.
6) Bake for about 20 to 30 minutes.
7) Once baked, remove the pan from the oven and allow it to cool.
8) Cut the fudge slab into 2-inch squares and serve as you may like.