- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Fudge Ribbon Pie Recipe
|9 inch pastry shell||1 (Crisco)|
|Pink peppermint ice cream||1 Quart, softened|
|Peppermint stick candy||1 Tablespoon, crushed|
|For fudge sauce|
|Unsweetened chocolate square||2 Ounce (2 Squares, 1 Ounce Each)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Evaporated milk||5 1⁄3 Can (53.33 oz) (1 Can, 2/3 Cup)|
|Cream of tartar||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Peppermint stick candy||3 Tablespoon, crushed|
Calories 637 Calories from Fat 270
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 31 g47.3%
Saturated Fat 18.1 g90.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 71.1 mg23.7%
Sodium 308.9 mg12.9%
Total Carbohydrates 78 g25.9%
Dietary Fiber 0.94 g3.8%
Sugars 63.1 g
Protein 15 g29.2%
Vitamin A 8.5% Vitamin C 4.8%
Calcium 40.2% Iron 7.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 475° Fahrenheit before baking.
2. Following directions on the package, bake pastry and let cool completely.
3. In a saucepan, prepare fudge sauce by heating together butter, chocolate, 1 cup sugar and milk; over very low heat cook with constant stirring until sauce is thick and bubbly.
4. Stir in 1 teaspoon vanilla and let cool.
5. Into the bottom of the pastry shell, spread 1 pint ice cream and top with half of the fudge sauce.
6. Freeze the pie until firm.
7. Repeat with layering ice-cream and fudge sauce and freeze again.
8. In a bowl, put together egg whites, remaining vanilla and cream of tartar; beat until soft peaks form.
9. Gradually beat in remaining sugar until stiff peaks are formed and all sugar is dissolved.
10. Add 3 tablespoons of candy and mix with folding movements.
11. Over the frozen pie, spread Peppermint Meringue.
12. Spread meringue till the edge of the crust.
13. Sprinkle remaining 1 tablespoon candy.
14. Place the prepared pie over a wooden board and bake in preheated oven for 5-6 minutes until meringue turns golden in color.
15. Slice Fudge Ribbon Pie into wedges and serve chill.