- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Fudge Ribbon Pie Recipe
|Pastry||1 (For Single Crust Pie)|
|Evaporated milk||5 1⁄3 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Unsweetened chocolate square||2 Ounce (2 Squares)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Peppermint ice cream||1 Quart|
|Cream of tartar||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Crushed peppermint candy||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3441 Calories from Fat 1288
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 146 g224.7%
Saturated Fat 84.4 g422%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 316.9 mg
Sodium 800 mg33.3%
Total Carbohydrates 505 g168.5%
Dietary Fiber 11.4 g45.7%
Sugars 440.6 g
Protein 48 g96.1%
Vitamin A 22% Vitamin C 4.8%
Calcium 46.9% Iron 57.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Prepare and roll out pastry.
2. Line a 9-inch pie plate.
3. Trim pastry to 1/2 inch beyond edge.
4. Flute edge; prick pastry.
5. Bake in 450° oven for 10 to 12 minutes.
1. Combine evaporated milk and chocolate. Cook and stir over low heat till chocolate is melted.
2. Stir in the 1 cup sugar and the butter or margarine. Cook over medium heat for 5 to 8 minutes more or till thickened, stirring occasionally.
7. Stir in the 1 teaspoon vanilla.Cool.
3. In mixing bowl soften ice cream using wooden spoon to stir and press against side of bowl. Soften till just pliable.
4. Spoon half the ice cream into baked pastry shell. Return remaining ice cream to freezer. Cover with half the cooled chocolate sauce; freeze.
8. Let remaining chocolate sauce stand at room temperature. Repeat layers with remaining ice cream and sauce, softening ice cream to spread, if necessary. Cover; freeze till firm.
5. Prepare meringue by beating egg whites, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla, and cream of tartar till soft peaks form.
6. Gradually add 1/3 cup sugar, beating to stiff peaks.
7. Fold 3 tablespoons of the crushed candy into meringue. Remove pie from freezer. Spread meringue over chocolate layer, carefully sealing to edge of pastry. Swirl the meringue in a circular motion to make decorative peaks. Place on a baking sheet. Bake in 475° oven for 3 to 5 minutes or till meringue is golden. Sprinkle with remaining 1 tablespoon crushed candy.