- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Fry an Egg Recipe Video
|Canola oil||2 Tablespoon (or vegetable oil, peanut oil or olive oil)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 337 Calories from Fat 310
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 35 g53.8%
Saturated Fat 3.8 g18.8%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 211.5 mg70.5%
Sodium 70 mg2.9%
Total Carbohydrates 0.38 g0.13%
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 0.4 g
Protein 6 g12.6%
Vitamin A 4.9% Vitamin C
Calcium 2.6% Iron 5.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a non-stick pan over medium high heat, heat oil to just coat the bottom of the pan.
2. Break the egg over hot oil and let it sizzle.
3. Baste the egg with hot oil from the pan, to help it cook from top.
4. Cook until the egg white is firm, remove the egg with a slotted spoon if you want it to be sunny side up, with the egg white firm and yolk a bit runny.
5. Or you can flip the egg and let the other side cook, try not to break the yolk.
6. Let the other side cook for about 30 seconds for over easy and cook more for medium.
7. Remove the egg from pan and place it on a kitchen paper to drain.
8. Serve as desired.