- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Fruity Nut Bread Recipe
|Uncooked quick cooking oats||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Coarsely chopped pecans||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), melted and cooled|
|Apples||3⁄4 Pound, halved, cored & coarsely shredded (2 Medium Sized)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1870 Calories from Fat 934
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 108 g166.8%
Saturated Fat 38.2 g191.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 549.6 mg
Sodium 182.1 mg7.6%
Total Carbohydrates 214 g71.4%
Dietary Fiber 29 g115.9%
Sugars 94.6 g
Protein 42 g83.5%
Vitamin A 43.3% Vitamin C 30.6%
Calcium 29.6% Iron 46.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to 350° F.
2) Lightly flour and grease an 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 x 2 3/4 pan.
3) Take a large bowl and sift together baking powder, salt, nutmeg, baking soda, cinnamon and flour.
3) Add oats, brown sugar, raisins and pecans.
4) Take a small bowl and mix together milk, eggs and butter in it.
5) Add the milk mixture to the dry ingredients and mix nicely together.
6) Stir in the apples and mix with a fork just until the mixture is thoroughly moistened and all liquid is absorbed.
7) Place the mixture in the prepared pan and bake for 1 hour 5 minutes or until tester comes out clean upon being inserted at the center. Place the bread on the wire rack along with the pan and allow cooling to take place for 10 minutes. Thereafter, remove bread from the pan and cool completely. Wrap in a plastic sheet and store overnight.
8) Serve with jam and cream, if desired.