- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Fruity Muffins Recipe
|Whole wheat flour||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Self Raising)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Muscovado sugar||2 Teaspoon|
|Chopped dried apricots||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Ready To Eat)|
|Banana||1 , mashed with 1 tablespoon orange juice|
|Finely grated orange rind||1 Teaspoon|
|Skim milk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Corn oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Porridge oats||2 Tablespoon|
|Fruit spread/Maple syrup / honey||2 Tablespoon (To Serve)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1912 Calories from Fat 499
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 57 g87.3%
Saturated Fat 6.7 g33.3%
Trans Fat 0.2 g
Cholesterol 218.4 mg
Sodium 1072.9 mg44.7%
Total Carbohydrates 320 g106.5%
Dietary Fiber 41.7 g166.8%
Sugars 98.5 g
Protein 59 g117.2%
Vitamin A 61.8% Vitamin C 40.2%
Calcium 134.3% Iron 83.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 400Â°F/200Â°C.
2) In a deep patty tin, place 10 paper muffin cases.
3) Sift the flour and baking powder into a large bowl, adding any bran that remains in the sifter.
4) Add apricots and sugar.
5) .Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and add the orange rind, mashed banana, egg and milk.
6) Add oil in the mixture and mix well to make a thick batter.
7) In 10 paper cases, divide the batter evenly in them.
8) Sprinkle the tops with a few porridge oats and bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, or until well risen and firm to the touch, or until a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean.
9) On a wire rack, transfer the muffins and let them cool.
10) Serve the warm muffins with little fruits spread on the top.