- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Fruits Around The Calendar Recipe
|Orange peel strip||2|
|Lemon peel strip||1|
|Cognac||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs) (Warm)|
|Vanilla ice cream||1 Quart|
Calories 548 Calories from Fat 234
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g40.1%
Saturated Fat 16.1 g80.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 104.1 mg
Sodium 189.6 mg7.9%
Total Carbohydrates 59 g19.6%
Dietary Fiber 3 g11.9%
Sugars 50.4 g
Protein 8 g16.9%
Vitamin A 20.8% Vitamin C 30.4%
Calcium 32.2% Iron 1.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a medium-sized saucepan, mix the sugar and cornstarch.
2) From the can of cherries, drain 1 cup of syrup, Add to the cornstarch mixture and stir well. Add the lemon and orange peels.
3) Cook the mixture, constantly stirring over medium heat, till the sauce is thick. Let it boil for 3 minutes. Take out and discard the peels and add the cherries.
4) Put the mixture in a chafing dish and put it on the dining table. Add the warm cognac. Use a match to blaze.
5) Over bowls of vanilla ice cream, ladle the sauce while it is still flaming.
6) Serve immediately.