- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Fruit Preserve Layer Cake Recipe
|Soft butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Grated orange rind||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Orange juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Sifted cake flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Preserves||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Apricot Or Other)|
|Confectioners' sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 743 Calories from Fat 228
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g39.9%
Saturated Fat 15.4 g77.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 166.8 mg
Sodium 317.2 mg13.2%
Total Carbohydrates 122 g40.7%
Dietary Fiber 1.1 g4.6%
Sugars 78.7 g
Protein 7 g14.7%
Vitamin A 16.8% Vitamin C 7.9%
Calcium 17.2% Iron 23.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to 350°F before baking.
2) Mix butter and granulated sugar, creaming until light.
3) Add in one egg at a time, beating well after each addition.
4) Mix in orange rind and juice, beating them and then beat in sifted flour, baking powder, and salt alternately with water until smooth.
5) Take two 9-inch layer pans lined on bottom with paper; pour the mixture into them and bake for about 25 minutes in preheated oven and let cool.
6) Pour preserves on one layer and top with another layer.
7) Add confectioners' sugar on top and use as required.